Friday, May 20, 2011

Toilet Paper

So my mom signed a lease yesterday. YAY :)

I went over to her place yesterday evening to check the place out and take some stuff over there.  While I was helping her unload the car, I came across some toilet paper she had bought.

Pause. We have to back up a little bit here. Growing up, my mom bought the cheapest, thinnest, most worthless toilet paper ever. I hated it. It took 1/3 of the roll just to get it thick enough to....you get the picture.

Edited for bad language.

I resolved that one day, when I was a grown up with money, I would always buy the best toilet paper. No matter how bad things go monetary wise for me, I was (and am) determined to stick to my guns on my toilet paper preference (so far so good).

My favorite toilet paper is Charmin Ultra Soft. I will not use anything else.



Fast forward a little bit to when mom moved in with Boi and I this year. Our home has two full bathrooms. I keep both reasonably stocked with TP. I told mom that I realized more TP was going to go through her bathroom (it's in the best location) so to please just let me know when the toilet paper was running low.

No such luck. I love my mom. I really do. But I sat down one day, and I'm not kidding you, there was a roll of that crap TP I grew up with on my TP-dispenser-rolly-thing. I sat there with my eye twitching until I recovered enough to try to search (from my stranded position) in vain for more of my TP under the sink. No such luck. I had to use her *shudder* roll.

I sat mom down and had a very serious conversation with her. I explained how important my toilet paper is to me (reading this I sound like a complete crazy person). There were no more TP incidents after that.

Fast forward again, this time back to where this post started.

I looked at the TP.

I looked at my mom.

...

And (very seriously) told my mom that I will let her take a few rolls of my good TP so she can titrate herself back to the crap stuff she used to be on. I explained that her regimen was to be as follows:

First week: Alternate each TP brand with each bathroom visit with (keeping both rolls readily available close by).

Second week: Alternate each TP brand as the rolls are finished.

Third week: Only use Charmin every 3rd roll.

Four week and beyond: Use crap TP.

1 comment:

Creative Commons License
shelookslikeahaddock blog by Beth Evans is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.