Thursday, February 10, 2011

If you need your hair pulled out, I'm your girl

Truthful. Honest. Candid. Bona fide. Straightforward. Veracious. These are all words I would use to describe myself. I've come to think that some people resent me for it, but I don't mind. When you need the honest-to-God kick-in-the-butt blatant truth, I'm your girl. I might not put it politely, sugar-coat it, or put it politically correct, but I will give it to you straight.

When working at The Restoration Company, I was assigned to work with a team. In that team there was a person who really liked to complain. It didn't matter the situation, she would find something to gripe about. We're gonna name her...Griper.

I'm not perfect (not by a LOOOOOOOOONG shot), but I do try to keep my complaints to myself while at work. When I get home, of course, it a completely different matter and Boi always hears all about it!

So on this one particular day, Griper mentioned several times that she had this one particular hair that was driving her crazy. The first couple of times she said it, I sympathized with her.

The next few times she said it, I ignored her.

Then she said it again. I walked over to her and squinted at her and asked, "Oh which hair is it that's buggin you?"

She reached up and held on to one tiiiiiny hair that was swinging free and in her face.

So I reached over and ganked that sucker out. She squealed and threatened my life a few times. I laughed like a maniac and fell down to roll around on the floor gasping for breath.

I just figured that of all the complaining she has done, this was the only thing I could 'fix' for her. So I did.

It might not have been what she wanted or thought was best for herself. But she presented a problem to me so I solved it for her. I gave it to her straight.

So if you need your hair pulled out, I'm your girl.


PS - After the story was relayed to my manager, she told me later that I was probably the only person that Griper liked well enough to let get away with pulling her hair out.

PSS - Griper advised me that she has precious little enough hair and needs them all. I thought that she didn't appreciate that particular one well enough so she didn't deserve to have it anyway.

2 comments:

  1. know something, princess...I think this is my favorite story so far! It made me laugh because I can totally see you doing this...with that evil grin on your face that says, "See a need, fill a need"...like it or not, hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D Well....if she was worried about her hair, she shouldn't have griped so much....serves her right...heehee

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
shelookslikeahaddock blog by Beth Evans is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.