Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My First Award

I’m so excited! I got my first ever blogger award. Thank you so much caterpillar!
 
 
The award has a few instructions that go with it:
1. First, thank and link back to the person that gave the award.
2. Answer the 10 survey questions
3. Pass the award along to other bloggers whom you think are fantastic.
4. Contact the bloggers you have chosen to let them know about the award







I thought about doing a whole big 'ol long acceptance speech to go with this. I thought about actually filming my acceptance speech. I even considered crying in it. But then I thought that was all too much work and just skipped the whole thing.

1.  If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing this?  If you aren't anonymous, do you wish you started out anonymously, so that you could be anonymous now? 
 
I do not blog anonymously. I’m very torn in answering this question. I kind of wish I did it completely anonymously because I have material that is hilarious…unfortunately the material would be at the expense of friends/family. If my blog was anonymous, no one would know who I was talking about so I’d be okay putting the jokes out there…but because my friends and family read my blog, I’d never dare put anything on it that might hurt one of them.  At the same time, I like that my friends and family read my material. This way they get to read things I’d probably never say out loud. Plus I think some things are funnier with my pictures to illustrate.
 

2.  Describe an incident that shows your inner stubborn side.  
 
I’m completely at a loss here. Me…stubborn? Wha? Boi and I both sat here racking our brains for hours and hours and couldn’t come up with any good examples of me being stubborn. *gigglesnort*
 
3.  What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?  
 
This is horrible question. Is it wanting some deep answer like describing my personality that shines through. Or maybe it’s really just wanting a physical description? Ugh. So here goes: I see brown hair, brown eyes, and wrinkles from someone who laughs a lot.
 
4.  What is your favorite summer cold drink?
 
Ice cold Southern Sweet Tea. There’s nothing else like it in the world. And to me it also means ‘home’.
 

5.  When you take time for yourself, what do you do?

I read. I write. I sing at the top of my lungs. I dance like a fool. I live like there’s no tomorrow. Hm. I think I must make a lot of time for myself. *wink*

6.  Is there something that you still want to accomplish in your life?
 
Oh yes. So very many things, in fact. I want to finish college; although I think first I need to pick (and stick with) one degree. I want to help people and make the world a better place (even if it’s just my little piece of it). I want to have babies with Boi. I would like to travel more. I want to spend more time with my mom. And, of course, grow old with Boi.
 

7.  When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching?  
 
Oh man, I was totally the shy person. Talking to people was so painful it hurt. Everyone who knows me now finds that incredibly hard to believe but I promise you that it’s 100% true.
 

8.  If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what would you see? 
 
Unfortunately I have many of these and I’d rather not think of any of them so I’m going to skip this question.
 

9.  Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog, or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people and events? 
 
This blog is absolutely all about me. And my crazy life with Boi. I have no problems sharing myself and putting my life out there. I hope it let’s others know that we’re all unique and weird in our own ways.
 

10.  If you had the choice to sit down and read a book or talk on the phone, which would you do and why? 
 
I would totally read. I can’t stand the phone. I avoid it whenever possible. Talking on the phone makes me incredibly uncomfortable. It’s a reasonable assumption that my dislike of talking on the phone came from a previous job I had as a customer service phone representative for a large company.


Okay. Now that that's done, I'd like to present this award to a couple of bloggers I think are absolutely fantastic:  steammeupkid and steigensmiles.

2 comments:

  1. There are lots of things I'd like to comment about on this one, but I'll keep it short! First, dang it, girl, go ahead and tell those stories and name names;) I don't mind people knowing what a fruitcake I am...and it may just make your readers thankful that they do not have a Mommy who could use a little "time away"! You know, like all the things I've poured into my eyes, how I get lost driving around the block, and feed more food on our camping trips to the chipmunks and squirrels than I do my own children! Second, you were so shy in High School that you...had staring contests with your future husband across the class, were friends with pretty much every person in the school, and never once had me drug into the principal's office (unlike a sister of yours, which we shall not name here). And, third, your disgust about talking on the phone is totally understandable...do you still answer the phone in your sleep asking for their name and account number?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Mommy", yes...yes, she does still wake up in the wee hours of the morning, with enough volume to ask the next door neighbors what their name and account numbers are during a hurricane, that was blowing overhead of a heavy metal concert.

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
shelookslikeahaddock blog by Beth Evans is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.