Sunday, August 29, 2010

Ed

Before you read my post, please read:
http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/07/dog.html

I showed that post to Boi. He thought that it would be cool to try this for our dog, Ed. We figured we would see if Ed could find a treat in a cup and also see if he could escape a blanket thrown over him.

First, Boi told Ed to sit. Ed is a fantastically good dog and immediately did as he was told. Boi showed Ed one of his favorite treats. He let Ed smell it and watch as he put it under a plastic cup then backed up to watch what happened. I was standing at the other end of the room.  It took about 30 seconds for him to lift up the cup and grab the treat.
We were incredibly proud.

So then we quickly threw a comfortor over him to see if he would be able to get out from under the blanket. He stood still for a moment and then started walking. The blanket dragged off a bit to show just his head. Boi rethrew the blanket over him to try again.


The comfortor is losing stuffing as you can see. Also, that black blur is one of our cats Kuzco.



Again, Ed stood still for a moment and then started walking. After a few circles (still under the blanket), he paused, dropped something, backed up a few feet, and sat.

Ed had dropped his treat and backed away as though offering it up as a sacrifice. Apparently Ed thinks that the only way out from under a blanket is by offering a tribute to his humans.
I don't know if that makes him more smart or more stupid. He started to walk around again (Boi and I were rolling on the floor laughing too hard to help him) until his head popped out. He never did get completely out from under the blanket by himself.

I know that this isn't the 'surviving the apocalypse rules' post that I promised on facebook but I promise that one is coming in the future. I just got a Bamboo pen and tablet so that I can draw pictures to go with my posts. I definately want to illustrate the 'apocalypse rules' post so it may be a few days while I figure out how to use the Bamboo...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
shelookslikeahaddock blog by Beth Evans is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.