Friday, August 27, 2010

Starting my blog

Sometimes I have a random moment where I can stop and think "Man, I really am ADD." For example, I was just reading blogs on www.hyperboleandahalf.com which led me to googling "beth looks like". Which made me laugh really hard cause, what, really? Do I really look like Gambit from x-men? Do I really look like a dude? A horse? Really?? (I'm so not even kidding. You can google it yourself if you need proof). So I go to post that as my status on facebook and when I switch tabs I remember, hey, oh yeah I was playing Treasure Isle. And then I think, wow. I really am ADD. And here we are. I have 4 open tabs in internet explorer: Facebook, pointlesssites.com, hyperboleandahalf.com, and google (beth looks like...). And I have open my handy dandy notepad where I write down random ideas to write about later. So I open up my notepad cause I really think it's a good idea to write about how I think I really might be ADD (cause when a doctor tells you something like that, there is always at least some doubt, right?). At this point I have decided to start my own blog. Leaving all my other tabs open (BECAUSE THEY"RE IMPORTANT!!!!!), I start researching 'how to start a blog'.

While setting up my blog with google, I find I need a google email account. So I start the set up. During so, it asks me to pick a security question using a drop down menu. Sounds normal enough. Until I pull down the menu. Some of the menu options are as follows:

What is your primary frequent flier number?            Um....I don't have one?

What is your library card number?                          Um....I don't have one?

What was your first phone #?                                 Ok. I know most people wouldn't remember theirs but I do :D

What was your 1st teachers name?                         This seems like a simple enough question. Unless you are me. Cause are we talking preschool, k-5? Or does the question mean 1st grade teacher's name??? I'm so confused. Now, of course, I can't pick this question or I might face the same dilemma later.

Write my own question.                                         This seems like the best choice for me.


Then comes the dreaded word verification. I can never read those damn things. The always just look like a jumble of random lines and possibly circles to me. After 3 incorrect tries, I decide to try the handicap feature. Which is where it plays numbers aloud and you type them as you hear them. Seems simple enough. So I click the button feeling like a fraud as I'm not handicapped. Wait, since I'm too dumb to get the letters right, maybe I'm mentally challenged. So now I feel better and vindicated. I can continue. Until the sounds start. It sounds like aliens are talking to me through a very long wormhole. I'm totally screwed. So after failing miserably at this as well, I go back to just typing what I see. Many tries later, I succeed.
YAY! I have email through gmail now. Now I can create my blog. And here we are. Welcome to my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
shelookslikeahaddock blog by Beth Evans is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.