Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Cooking cake and Fable III

I spent the weekend not feeling very well and in bed. While I slept, my wonderful Boi fixed my drawing program! YAY :D

Last night, I decided I wanted cake.  I didn't have a cake mix, icing, or milk. But I wanted cake. Period. So I enlisted Boi's help and went to work. I suppose I have a 'baking bug' lately.

In raiding the kitchen for supplies, I found a new love: dry milk. What a wondrous discovery! The Boi and I don't drink very much milk. We, more often than not, have only expired milk in the house because it went bad before we could drink it. My mother lived with us for a while 2 years ago and had bought a box of dry milk; which was the one I discovered last night. What a wonderful invention!

I also found that I had a couple of boxes of powered sugar (yum). I made my own quirky tweeks to the recipe for cake and icing that was on the box and Boi and I proceeded with caution.

Everything went fantastic. I accidentally got icing on the front of my mixer and, being me, decided to lick it off. Boi had been working elsewhere and picked this moment to turn back to me. So, while I was lapping away at the front  of my mixer, I looked at him sideways:


He gave me that 'You are REALLY weird' look that he gets sometimes. Let me take this moment to point out that I made my tongue extra long in that picture for exaggeration purposes. My tongue is not really that freakishly long.

Anyhew, the cake turned out fantastic. Very nommy nommy. Have I mentioned how excited I am that my drawing program is fixed!?

So I had pre-ordered a game from Best Buy for Boi for his birthday (which was last Wednesday). He knew his gift would be a little late but was okay with it because he was so excited for Fable III, which came out today. When I pre-ordered the game, the cashier told me, at least 5 times, "You must have your receipt when you come back to pick up the game." I had put the receipt in the pre-order box and put it in my passenger seat so I'd be sure not to lose it and to have it when I went back.

Boi was so excited and part of the pre-order deal was that he could make a character ahead of time that would show up in his game. He took the box out of my car to get the code to make his character. Yes, we all see where this is going now,right?

Today I hopped in my car, turned on some tunage, and headed towards Best Buy. I got behind almost every possible slow vehicle on the road today. No joke the list includes, but not limited to: school bus X3, a tractor, a slow moving old person, dump truck, a truck pulling a boat, and a mail carrier. But I was happy because I was on my way to making Boi happy. My windows were down and all was well. I pulled into Best Buy (it had taken me 50 minutes to get there) and reached for the box... ... ...

I called Boi and confirmed my fear; he had indeed removed the box from my car. Lovely. Normally, after I got there with no receipt, I would have just said forget it and I'll try again tomorrow. But Boi had worked extra hard on his school work so he'd be able to play tonight...so I drove home, got the receipt, and back to Best Buy. All in all, it only took me just over 2 & 1/2 hours to buy Boi his game today. I am amazing.

1 comment:

  1. Yours and Mike's relationship is completely amazing, and I love you both TONSSS!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
shelookslikeahaddock blog by Beth Evans is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.