Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Tribe: Introduction

I have been desperately working on a post introducing you to "The Tribe". It's a group of people that are extremely important to me and very near and dear to my heart. Plus a lot of my adventures and stories include The Tribe and it will just be easier for you to understand in the future who I'm talking about when I refer to them just as "The Tribe".

The Tribe is the name that we came up with for ourselves many years ago. I've tried to nail down the exact date we started calling ourselves that but can't quite figure it out. I know that we were in college so I'm just gonna say it was around 2003...ish. I would like to start introducing you to The Tribal Elders today (the original Tribe members). There are 5 of us.

I will start off with the easiest Elder to explain: me! *drum roll* Introducing, Tribal Elder Beth:

As the picture indicates, I'm most notorious for taking off my clothes. I'm not exactly sure what they says about me but there it is. My favorite color is aquamarine. I'm very into butterflies and Hello Kitty; in fact, I have one tattoo of each. I'm usually the member quickest to inebriation (in other words I'm the cheap drunk).

The picture to the right is of me on our second annual Tribe Beach Trip (2010).  We take this trip every year to Myrtle Beach, SC the week of my birthday. I love it because I get to spend my birthday each year with my favorite people at my favorite place.





The next Tribe Elder I would like to introduce you to is Mike (aka Boi).

He is the funniest person in The Tribe. He has a knack for making people laugh. His favorite color is red. Mike loves music, drawing, and video games.
Boi is also the schemer of our group. He comes up with a lot of our wilder crazy plans.



 I've included this recent picture of Boi wearing his newest Life is Good wear (http://www.lifeisgood.com/).  Please note that the picture on the shirt is my hat tip to the boys' [of The Tribe] latest song obsession "I'm on a Boat" by The Lonely Island feat. T-Pain.

Next Tribe Elder: James.

James is our inventor. He's most likely to build some contraption. When The Tribe first started, he was chief engineer of The Bar. That's right y'all, we made our own bar. It still lives with James to this day. His favorite color is Blue. James has a tattoo of a drawing Mike made of his initials (JC). James is our 'frisky' drunk.



James is our intellectual. If you are up for a good debate or just need someone to talk to, James is your man.
He's also the tallest member of The Tribe. I know that's a weird thing to include but to shortest Tribe member me, that's something that stands out.

In writing this I've discovered how hard it really is to boil down my friends into just a few words. They really mean the world to me. There are two more Tribe Elders I haven't introduced you to yet. They will be featured in the next post. I'd try to finish it all tonight but words are blurring together and these pictures have been a bee-atch to upload.

Play List (entire cds today) :
Sara Bareilles - Kaleidoscope Heart
Katy Perry - Teenage Dream
Miranda Lambert - Revolution

2 comments:

  1. FRISKY DRUNK!!! LOVE IT! No better way to describe my husband... yeah, still getting used to that word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I can't wait to figure out how to include "frisky drunk" the next time we get together. I would be interesting to see if he was as frisky.....ON A BOAT!!!!! (shameless, I know, but it had to be done)

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
shelookslikeahaddock blog by Beth Evans is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.