Thursday, October 14, 2010

Playing Outside is Hazardous to my Health

Today I'm going to deviate a little bit from my story timeline. I have something on my mind that I'm just itching to share.
I spent some time outside this past weekend; which, if you know me, is a HUGE deal. I don't go outside unless I'm spending time on a beach. But this was a special occasion.
Because of this very special event, I played for many hours outside. Close to the woods. Close to water. Close to a mosquito breeding ground.
They ate me alive. I have drawn you a diagram to illustrate all of them and where they are on my body:















The ones that really get me are the ones on the bottom of my feet and one on my elbow. These places seem like they'd be the hardest places for the mosquitoes to bite. But whatever.
I totally had the last laugh on all those pesky little suckers. Because I was remarkably drunk.

Which has now led me to wonder what would have happened if I could have followed those bugs after they had bitten me. I leave you with the following questions to ponder today: Would they have been able to fly straight? Did they die of alcohol poisoning? Did they fly into things? Did they land to sleep it off?

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so since alcohol thins your blood, they probably got hungry a lot quicker than they normally would have! I think you and your pyrospouse should do a science experiment by capturing lots of those little suckers in a jar, getting Mike & Daniel REALLY intoxicated, and then releasing the mosquitos into a small room or car with them! ("How?", you ask....I don't know, maybe promise them $10.00 each for 20 minutes...with only their boxers on). Then, recapture as many as possible (or pay the boys a little extra to do it), and observe their behavior. (The mosquitos...NOT the boys. Well, maybe theirs as well, since there is sure to be lots of scratching and swearing!

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
shelookslikeahaddock blog by Beth Evans is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.