Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Alice's Restaurant

While watching a Bones rerun tonight I heard a song I liked. Being me, I instantly had Boi look up the singer and find out more about her. The song is 'Bring on the Wonder' by Susan Enan.

While reading her bio, I found that her musical inspiration comes from Woody Guthrie. So I Googled him to also listen to some of his music. At the first lines of 'This Land is Your Land' by Mr. Guthrie, my dad says, "Hey! His son Arlo Guthrie sang 'Alice's Restaurant'. That song was like 30 minutes long."

Well now I was really intrigued. So I pulled up the lyrics to 'Alice's Restaurant' and proceeded to read it out loud to Boi and dad. That sucker took me about 15 minutes to simply read out loud so I absolutely believe that, when sung, it takes 30 minutes. If you haven't ever heard it, you should at least go read the lyrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
shelookslikeahaddock blog by Beth Evans is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.