Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My Boi

I have been doing what I do best: surfing the internet for useless/interesting information. I was reading the blog: http://baghabit.blogspot.com/ who refers to her man as Mr. Manbag. It got me to thinking about how I call my man Boi (and have done so since we started dating more than 9 years ago) which led me to type it in to google. I just wanted to see what all might come up (maybe even my blog...would've been nice). After reading about the term on several different sites, I started really cracking up. I have included for your entertainment the meaning from urbandictionary.com:
 
Boi:
1. in the lesbian community, a young transgendered/androgynous/masculine person who is biologically female and presents themselves in a young, boyish way; a boidyke; often also identifies as genderqueer.
2. in the gay community, a young gay man;
3. in the BDSM community, someone who presents themselves in a young, boyish way and is usually a bottom/submissive;
4. an alternate spelling of boy often used by young teenage boys.
 
I found #3 to be especially funny. For all who know Boi and I, it is clear who wears the pants in the family (I'll give you a hint: It's not Boi).  Poor Boi. When you read this, dear Boi, I'm sorry. I didn't give you this term of endearment knowing the meaning...but you have to admit, it is pretty funny! I'm thinking maybe I'll change it to MiiBoi as that doesn't bring up anything on google [yet].
 
Below is a picture of Boi tolerating me (and my mad camera skills).
 
 

3 comments:

  1. On a side note: doesn't MiiBoi have the most beautiful eyes!?
    Mine disappear when I smile but MiiBoi says he likes that about me. I, personally, hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its good to know that which ever of the four listed categories I choose to belong to than at least i will have some sort of sexual identity and people to relate with

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am A lesbian, and I think I like it. :) Dad!!

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
shelookslikeahaddock blog by Beth Evans is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.