Thursday, September 2, 2010

Bad post. Bad.

I want to be an adult. I really do. I have tried really really hard. Sometimes I succeed.

I have addictions to childish things. I love several shows like Hannah Montana, Spongebob, and Icarly. I like to draw pictures that resemble what a 2 year old would draw. I like to color and no I don't always stay in the lines. I can't cook anything unless it comes in a box (especially frozen things). I didn't learn how to do laundry or dishes until I got married. At first it was fun; like playing house but of course that didn't last long. Now I loathe that crap. Because of my ADD, I have at least 5 things always going on at once. The computer can hold my attention the longest because there are so many different things to do on it. I can be writing and then switch to surfing the net then play on facebook then play a game and then (when I lose interest partially in the game) I can start all over. Unfortunately, the computer can cause me to waste entire days at a time. I'll be doing all the things listed above and then The Boi calls and the conversation goes as follows:

Boi: *Cheerfully* Hey, I'm on my way home.

Me: *distracted* Oh, ok. How was your day?

Boi: alskdjfoeifaslkjgjakgslkgjgljk (I have no idea cause I"m still playing on the internet)

Me: I'm glad you had a good day.

Boi: What are you doing (cause he knows at this point I paid no attention to what he was talking about because he just told me how he had to fire someone and got a speeding ticket and his computer crashed)?

Me: Playing balance the worm on a cactus... (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/535163)

Boi: Oh. *long pause*

Me: I thawed out some chicken for dinner, but I don't want to cook it.

Boi: Oh...well...um...you want to just make a frozen pizza?

Me: (I've put down my laptop in order to try to pay attention to Boi) If you don't mind that would be great. I know we've had frozen pizza 3 out of 4 days so far this week; are you sure that's okay?

Boi: *sounding glum* Sure it's fine.

Me: *pause*(meanwhile I've now sat down at the piano and want to play. I can't play while on the phone so I just sit there staring at it. I'm trying to come up with a good excuse to get off the phone because I know that, if I can just play the piano right this minute, I will create an epic song that will make me famous and everyone will love me. Does Boi not want me to succeed in having a brilliant career in music? Why won't he volunteer to hang up yet?)

Boi: Are you still there?
Me: *distracted* Yeah

Boi: What have you done today?

Me: (I can't lie to Boi. It's not physically possible. And if the lie somehow makes it past my lips, I always tell the truth less than 30 seconds later)(I really hate this question because it makes me feel like a total failure)...*sigh* I got up at 2pm.

Boi: Wow that's late...........so what did you do?

Me: ...um...nothing?

Boi: Really? Nothing? Surely you did something today?

Me: Well, I wrote some of my book. (I've been writing my book forever. It has about 20 different beginnings and they're all about different things and are saved separately. So I guess it's more like bookS.) And did research for it on the internet (no need to let him know that 2 seconds into my research, I got distracted by facebook which led to my downfall and allowed me to get nothing else done today).

Boi: Oh yeah? Did you get a lot done?

Me: Uh...*still distracted by the piano* Yup. Okay I'll go get started on dinner (do you remember what dinner is? That's right: frozen pizza. I know this is a flimsy excuse to get off the phone but Boi loves me and never questions). Love you Bye.

Boi: Love you too Gurl. Bye.

This same conversation happens almost daily. Now that I've written it all down, it sounds really pathetic. And I've forgotten what my point was anyway. And I'm too lazy to go back and reread this to find out where I was going with it. Oh well.
I read the conversation to The Boi to make sure it was fairly accurate. He said (glumly) that yes it is accurate. I asked what was wrong? He said that he never realized that I don't always pay attention to him. Now I feel bad.

This post is stupid. Sorry. I promise tomorrow's will be better.

I decided to post some pictures I took the other night for you. This is the 1st stage in my dish washing process. Stage one takes roughly 15 seconds or less.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
shelookslikeahaddock blog by Beth Evans is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.