Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Bathroom Art

I like to listen to music while I write. Just wanted to let you guys know that from now on at the bottom of my posts, I will have a track list of all the things I listened to while I wrote the post. That way you guys can know my strange and weird music tastes as well as what sounds inspire me to write.


Everytime I take a shower, I'm convinced that I'm gonna come out bald. The few strands that come out as I wash my hair seem to multiply until I'm sure that there isn't a single strand left.
I told The Boi this, and he just laughed at me. So to prove how much hair I lose, I started placing them on the wall of the shower. Then, when my shower was over, I would run excitedly to The Boi and make him come look at my hair montage. Admittedly he was impressed with the amount of hair I lose on a regular basis.
Unfortunately for The Boi, now I'm addicted to collecting my hair on the shower wall. At first, he would throw it in the bathroom trashcan for me after a few days. Now there is no bathroom trash can. Why you ask? Well, Ed has a really bad habit of eating his food bowls. So the bathroom trashcans are the latest food dishes for Ed.
Eventually (after a week or so) I do take my collages down and throw them away. But in the mean time, I use the single strands of hair to make masterful works of art on my shower walls. I drew you a pretty picture of this:

I think it freaks The Boi out a little bit, but he's the one that started it. Okay that's really a lie. I've been doing this since I was little. My mom used to get all huffy about it too. No one appreciates my hard-worked-on artwork.

Track List:
Fly Me Away - Annie Little
Stole My Heart - Little and Ashley
Butterfly Fly Away - Myley and Billy Ray Cyrus
Fireflies - Owl City
Pan's Labyrinth Lullaby - Javier Navarrete
Tree Hugger - Antsy Pants/Kimya Dawson
Lucky - Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillat
Lullaby - Dixie Chicks
Music Box (from Candyman) - Philip Glass

1 comment:

  1. OMFG!!!! (and the F stands for freakin, btw) I spent the entire first half of this blog thinking that maybe you just didn't REMEMBER all the rounds we went over the hair-on-the-shower wall thing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
shelookslikeahaddock blog by Beth Evans is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.