Friday, September 17, 2010

Rediscovering Paint

Okay so Mike left his computer at work. With the disk to my drawing program in it. Apparently my computer decided to delete some very important files for that program and now it won't work. Grrr.
So I started playing around with Paint. I had kinda forgotten how to use it already. Weird. So today's post is going to have some random pictures to go with it.
Actually, first I'm going to put up one of my very first pictures using Corel Painter Essentials 4 (the program I normally use):

I have no idea why I created this and almost don't even remember making it. I have no idea what I was thinking.





I also have this one that I made earlier:
It's supposed to be a mother holding a baby.







As I was sitting here playing around with paint, I created:

No, I wasn't watching The Food Network...although I was watching Guy Fieri earlier today.


I made this one and asked The Boi if it looked like a snake. He said no, that it looks more like a lizard to him.








Then I tried to be serious and actually make something that I could use with a real post. So I decided to tell y'all about when I was little. When I was young, my family was poor. Never live-out-of-a-cardboard-box poor, but there wasn't always a lot of extra.
One thing that really stands out in my memory is that we made going to the grocery store a 'family outing'. All of my suggestions for our groceries would be declined by my parents (NO! Only chips $1 or less ~ Dad). So I would read while walking down all those isles. I still hate grocery shopping.
So we didn't have cable growing up. We got those basic 4 or 5 channels. Got bless PBS. I grew up with fuzzy puppets (no HD then)

Voila. I made a picture that actual went with a story I intended to tell. I asked Boi if this looked like Cookie Monster and he said, "It's trying to." I know it's sad. But I'm doing my best.

I watched The Boi play his video games while I was doing all of these elaborate drawings. He kept looking more and more sleepy.

Pictures are getting better, right?

He finished the game he was playing (literally, got to the end of it) and kept playing. While he played, I read him the latest post on hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com and made him look at all the pictures. I also made him listen to all kinds of stuff on youtube. You should feel very sad for Boi tonight; because I also made him listen to all the different versions of Little Boxes that I could find.


Last but no least, I'm going to go off on a little tangent. Why does Facebook not stop telling me that I have notifications even after I've checked them?
I can have looked at all my notifications, like, 10 times each and sometimes it still tells me that they are unchecked/unread/whatever. WHY? And for whatever reason, those little red numbers drive me NUTS. I want them gone. Eventually they do go away, but until then, I lose my mind clicking away. It makes me twitch.

3 comments:

  1. well i like your cookie monster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely got the impression of a chameleon at first glance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! I feel EXACTLY the same about the facebook notifications!!!! When it doesn't go away, I close my browser and start over. I think it's the fact that it's red. It makes me feel like a facebook failure.

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
shelookslikeahaddock blog by Beth Evans is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.