Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A concerned Boi & Genius, the 2 year old

So last night on his way to bed, The Boi played with Ed. On the floor. In the living room. As he was crouched down on the floor, he got a funny look on his face. He picked up something small from the rug.

Boi (with a very concerned, slightly confused look on his face): Beth. Honey. Why is there a burnt match in the fibers of our living room rug on our wood floor?

(don't you like the pretty picture I made you showing Boi finding the match?) :D

Me (innocently): I was researching a post...

Boi: What did you set on fire?

Me: Nothing. I just burned the matches to watch them burn. And then after the first 10 or so, I got tired of spitting on them so I started putting them in a dr. pepper can. But I did all that in the kitchen and have no idea how that one came to be on our living room rug.

Boi: *sigh* Ok.

Me: Soooo...you're okay with me burning matches in the house? Cause my mom wasn't, you know.

Boi: Yes, I'm okay with you burning matches in the house. As long as you don't set anything on fire other than candles. And I'm not a spaz like your mom.

Me: Okay but what if I need to light the grill or incense or something? Or a paper plate?

Boi: Why would you need to set a paper plate on fire?

Me: Well, if I was trying to burn an old checkbook and needed something to sit it on or something. By the way, I don't know if you know this or not, but...if you are trying to burn an old checkbook (which is actually really hard) that you've doused in lighter fluid and then sprayed down with hair spray...and the little ashes start flying around, it's not a good idea to put the burning checkbook in a zip lock bag. It doesn't contain the ashes...it actually melts. I discovered that all by myself.

Boi: *really big sigh and shakes head* Honey, please don't burn our house down.

Me: I won't! I was not even in the house. I was on the back porch. *giggle* (yes, I do realize how bad this conversation sounds on my part)

Boi: I love you and am going to bed now.

Me: Soooo...do you care if I put in my post that you think my mom is a spaz?

Boi: No sweetheart, I don't mind.

Me: Okay. I love you too. G'night.

I don't know why I shared all that. It just struck me funny last night, and I thought y'all might enjoy poor Boi's plight. He has to live with me, you know.

I know that today's post is kind of random, but I'm having trouble focusing today.
I spent several hours yesterday with Gabe. She thinks it's very funny that I asked her if I could use her real name in my blog but didn't ask if I could call her my pyrospouse. I told her that I made that name up just for her, and she was okay with it. I think.

I'd like to forewarn everyone who knows me that any adventures we may have together are totally fair game to go into my posts.

I think Gabe's 2 year old (we're going to name him 'Genius' in this post) has a much better memory than I do. Last night, he wanted two things: a piece of gum and a laser pointer. His mother didn't think he needed to be playing with either of those things so she put them just out of reach on her desk. We proceeded to talk for probably two hours. I had long ago forgotten the two items Genius wanted.
As I was getting ready to leave, I realized that I didn't know where Genius was. Want to know where I found him? Yup, you're right. I found him hidden in a corner with a piece of gum in his mouth and a laser pointer in his hand.

Track List:
Juno soundtrack
Steve's Theme - Aaron Zigman
No One - Aly & AJ
Fly Me Away - Annie Little
Moon River - Audrey Hepburn
Tiny Dancer - Ben Folds

5 comments:

  1. When I read your post I miss you(and your randomness) and also I want a Beth drawn picture of Cindy Lou. If it is cute I will make it my profile picture I PROMISE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will forever be your pyrospouse! yes I love it. We need a new adventure.... maybe we can go camping soon. That should make for a great adventure and we would be outdoors so the left brains wouldn't have to watch so intensely what we could be doing with our pyroness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O.M.G. Camping sounds fantastic! yes Yes YES! Should I bring matches or my 'candle lighter'????

    ReplyDelete
  4. camping = campFIRE = TROUBLE (when involving the pyrospouses)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely genius Bethy this is probably the best blog I have actually read. It actually makes me want to read every post.

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
shelookslikeahaddock blog by Beth Evans is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.