Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Sid's Stupidity

I'm reminded daily that there is, in fact, something wrong with my cat Sid. He runs into things (even walls) going full blast. I could attribute that to the fact that his eyesight is (to put it nicely) on par with a legally blind cross-eyed person. I tried to find a good picture to illustrate this point but this is all I could find (it's hard to get a cross-eyed cat to try to focus on a camera):


He constantly does strange things such as randomly lick my furniture and runs from one end of the house to the other making strange gargling noises. Most of the time he sleeps like this:












He can turn door handles (no joke) almost to the point of opening them which maybe could be a smart thing...except who knows why he wants to open them? Lots of times I wake up to this (full frontal cat nudity advisory):



















This post was inspired by Sid's TSRA (Today's Stupid Random Act). I was sitting at my computer happily (I call myself bs on this on) paying bills when I see Kuszco trying to get behind the refrigerator. I got up and moved him away from the hole there. This hole is usually covered by the coffee maker but for whatever reason the coffee pot was far from the hole-of-doom.



I went and sat back down and heard a very distinctive faint 'Mrow'. Nice. I now realize that Kuszo was just investiging what mess Sid had gotten himself into. After I stopped laughing, I grabbed my camera to video this cause I felt this needed to be shared. I tried to upload the video on here but it keeps failing. I'm illin about that (just spent the last 3 & 1/2 hours trying to get it to load) so I'm just going to put it up on facebook.
Then I drew you a picture of how he looked as he jumped out:


Now he's scott free and hiding somewhere in shame. Seriously, I haven't seen him since.
I promise that not all of my posts will be about my animals but sometimes they do really stupid things that need to be shared.

I wanted to say love to all of you who are reading this (especially whoever is in Canada!). I appreciate y'all reading my ramblings more than you know.  Also, comments are greatly appreciated. That way I know if you guys think what I'm writing is coolio and more awesome than the discovery that the earth was not flat or if it blows and I should mock myself while locked up in a loony bin. If you choose to comment anonymously, please put your name at the end so I don't spend hours guessing who you are - thanks :D

Track list:
Nichole Nordeman - What If
Nichole Nordeman - Gratitude
Nickel Creek - The Lighthouse Tale
                    - Reasons Why
                    - When You Come Back Down
                    - Should've Known Better

2 comments:

  1. I miss that simple cat....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not in Canada but I am seriously enjoying your post.... KEEP IT UP!

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
shelookslikeahaddock blog by Beth Evans is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.